This page provides editors a forum to suggest items for inclusion in In the news (ITN), a part of the Main Page.
Suggesting an itemEdit
In order to suggest a candidate:
- Start, find or modify a blurb and place it in the Nominations section below. Make sure that you include a reference from a verifiable, CITE source.
- Update an article linked to from the blurb to include the recent developments, or find an article that has already been updated.
- Nominate the blurb for ITN inclusion under the 'Nominations subheading below, emboldening the link to the updated article.
There are criteria guiding the decision on whether or not to put a particular item on In the news, based largely on the extensiveness of the updated content and the perceived significance of the recent developments. Submissions that do not follow the guidelines here will not be put into the live template.
Sample candidate discussionEdit
- The item on widgets seem to have been adequately updated. --and sign & date your entry 12:00, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
- It doesn't seem to have any references for the new content. --They've also signed their comment 12:06, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
And so on. When continuing the discussion please refrain from using dot points/bullets to allow the candidates to stand out from the discussion. Indent your comments for clarity.
Please refrain from straight support or oppose votes; focus the discussion on the merits of the available candidate items.
Place nominations (ie. how they would appear on the Main Page) below here.